Great Commission Church of God Great Commission Church of God   Shopping Cart

2012 Young Men, Inc. Summer Empowerment Camp Video

The Young Men, History of YMI
The Young Men, Inc. (YMI) Youth Ministry was founded in 1993 by its current Director, Rev. Malachi Walker, and is an  outreach ministry of Great Commission Church of God.  YMI is designed to empower African American males, ages 9 – 16, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Malachi, along with his volunteer staff log hundreds of hours throughout the year dedicating tireless service to the African American males in Indianapolis.

Purpose
The overall purpose of the YMI is to foster an attitude of achievement in African American males, by providing them with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve positive direction in life. By doing this, we believe that we are able to help African American males to achieve a future bright with opportunity, hope, self-esteem and self-worth.   Our goal is to focus on the total individual, empowering them mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Donations can be sent to:
Young Men, Inc. Youth Ministry
Great Commission Church of God
Attn:  Rev. Malachi Walker
3302 N. Arsenal Avenue
Indianapolis, IN  46229 

What is the Young Men, Inc. Summer Empowerment Camp?

The YMI Summer Empowerment Camp is in its 19th year of operation and has grown from servicing 23 young men in 1993 to servicing more than 92 young men in 2012. In the past 18 years, YMI has empowered more than 800 African American Males throughout the City of Indianapolis.

Last year, 40% of program participants were recruited throughout the Indianapolis Public Housing Communities, the other 60% were recruited from disadvantaged areas such as Brightwood, Haughville and Barrington communities. Recruitment efforts are ongoing. A majority of the recruitment comes by word of mouth.

Goals

The specific goals of the YMI African American Male Summer Empowerment Camp is to:

  • Offer young black males a safe-haven and positive atmosphere during the summer months;
  • Expose participants to positive, adult, black male role models;
  • Provide workshops that will build knowledge, skills and positive direction;
  • Workshops include, but are not limited to: Health and Fitness, Self-esteem, Conflict Resolution, Career Awareness, College Life, Community Service and Volunteerism, Leadership Development, etc.;
  • Offer recreational, as well as interactive learning opportunities;
  • 1:1 mentoring with adult black male role models;
  • Open communications between Parents/Participants/Program;
    • Introduce participants to activities that they may not have access to (i.e. swimming at one of Indy Parks Aquatic Centers; fitness and health at a state of the art fitness facility; Tour of IMAX Theater; Tour of NCAA Hall of Fame; College tour, Community clean-up and beautification; as well as an incentive trip to an amusement park)

 

Order Your Black Males in Black Hoodies Sweatshirt Today!

$32.00
Shipping cost based on amount of your order
Add to shopping cart
Designer: Dawn Walker for Young Men, Inc. Youth Ministry 
Size: S-XXXL
Material: 100% Cotton
Colors: Black, Gray, Navy Blue, Hot Pink, Brown, Khaki 
Style: Casual
Item number: SW1

 

Hoodie with a message.  All proceeds are used to fund Young Men, Inc. Empowerment Program. by John Doe. In lightweight fabric. Knitted wrists on the collar; shapely patch pockets; Two-way-zipper; water and wind resistent Material; Logo embroidered on front; slightly fitted. Lenght approx. 58cm. 100% Polyamide. Easy to combinate! Machine wash.

Display more >>


Your form message has been successfully sent.

You have entered the following data:

Complete the form below for more information on Young Men, Inc.

Please correct your input in the following fields:
Error while sending the form. Please try again later.

Note: Fields marked with * are required

Our Pastors, Rev. Malachi & Rev. Dawn Walker, invite you to visit with us this Sunday!

Contact Us

Great Commission ChoG

3302 N. Arsenal Avenue

Indianapolis, IN  46218

 

Phone:  317-923-7690

Fax:  317-923-5811

email us at:  gcommissioncog@indy.rr.com

Service Times

  Sunday Morning Worship Service
11:00 a.m.

Wednesday Night Prayer/Bible Study
 7:00 p.m.

Link to Our Daily Bread
http://www.odb.org
One minute a day makes a difference!

Great Commission Church of God Facebook Page
PrintPrint | Sitemap
© Great Commission Church of God